Compound Interest Calculator
This advanced compound interest calculator enables you to have a comprehensive analysis of your investments over a defined period of time.
Year by Year Growth of Investment
This stacked bar chart shows the growth of your investment year by year. Each bar represents a year, and the segments of the bar represent the portions of principal, contributions, and interest for that year.
Meaning of The Terminologies
- Principal: Cumulative original amount you invested till that year.
- Contributions: Cumulative total of your contributions till that year.
- Interest: Cumulative interest earned till that year.
Contribution Pie Chart
This pie chart breaks down the future value of your investment into various components. It visually represents the proportion of the total amount that consists of your initial principal, yearly contributions, interest earned from the principal, and interest earned from the contributions.
Meaning of The Terminologies
- Principal: The amount you initially invest.
- Contributions: Total of all your added contributions over the years.
- Interest From Principal: The total interest generated from your initial investment.
- Interest from Contributions: The total interest generated from your added contributions.
Loan Amount Vs Future Value of Your Investment
This doughnut chart provides a comparison between your loan amount and the future value of your investment. It gives a clear picture of debt versus growth. The two segments represent:
- Loan: The Amount You Owe
- Investment: The Future value of your investment.
Compound Interest Curve Chart
This chart compares the growth of your investment under two scenarios. Scenario A represents the growth based on your inputted interest rate. Scenario B shows the potential growth with a 1% higher interest rate, demonstrating the potential difference due to a slight change in rates.
What you can do with this Advanced Compound Interest Calculator.
With this compound interest Calculator, you can;
- Input your initial amount, interest rate, term, and yearly contributions.
- Choose your compound frequency: Annually, Semi-Annually, Quarterly, or Monthly.
- Plan for variable interest rates across different years.
- Include details about any loans you might have, factoring them into your financial planning.
- Set your financial goals and check how close your investments get you to them.
- Understand your risk tolerance and see how it impacts your investments.
Interactive Visualizations: Once you input your details, our calculator provides visually appealing graphs to help you understand:
- => How your investment grows year by year.
- => The contribution of your principal, yearly additions, and interest to the future value of your investment.
- => How your loan amount compares to the future value of your investment.
- => The potential difference in growth if the interest rate was slightly different.
Simply fill in the relevant details and let our calculator do the heavy lifting! Whether you’re a newbie investor or a seasoned pro, this tool will surely enhance your financial planning process.
The Compound Interest Formula Used.
The compound interest formula traditionally used is:
Breakdown of the formula:
- is the future value of the investment/loan, including interest.
- is the principal investment amount (initial deposit or loan amount).
- is the annual interest rate (in decimal form).
- is the number of times interest is compounded per year.
- is the number of years the money is invested/borrowed for.